Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beverly Woo


This is an illustration created by me in 2004 which is an anime influenced illustration that I created with a colleague. The young lady on the left is Beverly Sen Woo, an Asian American female whose parents were mortally wounded in their business, and becomes a crime fighter instead of being a high fashion model . She in turn served in the Navy and met her superior whom she had a child out of wedlock. Several years later she meets her long lost daughter name Ivana who is the young teenager on the right. Ivana is a rebel and very much rough around the edges after being raised practically an orphan. Agent Woo's mission is to go out and clean up the Mob and Corruption inside the actvities of the Vetrini Crime Family led by Bruno Vetrini.
This illustration is the genesis of the book that I am working on and it was done by 8" x 11" inch and was done with mixed media and with different charcoal colors and coloring with Photoshop and with the use of Mossaic Look.

It has been a difficult process in creating new concepts of the Beverly Woo character. I was influenced by Hayao Miyasaki's creation of Spirited Away and the character Karen Sisco which was on ABC TV in 2003. It has influenced me in doing an anime influenced illustration that features a story that I am working on. I will give details in the weeks to come of Beverly Sen Woo

Below is the book cover of Beverly Woo

The book cover is part of the process and I have been working on this project for the past four years though it has been a slow process but I am working on getting it done by the end of the year.





Here is the film that influenced me in doing this project


No comments: